Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I AM THE BEING OF QUIET . . . AND YOU ARE? ANXIOUS? OVERWHELMED? NERVOUS?


WHO AM I?
     Hi!  How you doin’?  I’m Quiet.  Remember me? Long time no see. You’ve been BUSY!  Me? Oh, hanging out. When was the last time we got together? Oh, go ahead, answer that. Yeah, I know, cell phones - what're ya gonna do? Man, you got a lot of demands on your time. Still married? How's the wife? Girlfriend? How many kids you got now? How many jobs you work? And the wife? Oh that’s okay, send the text. I’ll wait. Look at that! You got a big screen TV with over 200 channels. Man, that's GREAT. Loaded IPod. Kindel. You’re IMPORTANT! You got bills to pay. Lots of bills. So, how’s it going with that little issue you wanted to talk with me about? What'd you call it? "Nervous gut"?  You said you were feeling driven. Overwhelmed. Anxious. Couldn’t sleep. What was that you said about “aimless searching”. Forgetfulness? Oh, you go ahead and take that call it may be important – they’re all important. How to find inner strength?



Jan – June 2014 threesimplequestions Blog Posts
Now Published in Book Format

E-Book @ $3.99 in multiple formats
Or SAMPLE 30% FREE
Published by SmashWords

PUBLISHED BY WESTBOW PRESS
Serving Online Retailers and the Book Trade
6x9 Perfect Bound Softcover @ $11.95
ISBN: 978-1-4908-7124-0
6x9 Dust Jacket Hardcover @ $28.95
ISBN: 978-1-4908-7125-7
E-Book @ $3.99
ISBN: 978-1-4908-7123-3

1 comment:

  1. I like that suggestion--count to three before answering the phone because you are in control, not technology in control of you. Too often it is easy to get lost in the ease of technology and forget about actual connections. I like to run with no music--just my feet and my breath.

    And I like reading your blog several posts at s time, because I get to see connections--like using your hands, not just to create the gap and the quiet, but also to hold the red thread of your life :)

    -Your daughter

    ReplyDelete