Sunday, February 16, 2014

THE SUBSTANCE OF LOVE


WHO AM I?
When I was growing up – maybe 3 years old - my family lived next door to an older, “widow woman” with a bushy head of salt and pepper hair, who wore thick glasses, chain-smoked and laughed a deep, rumbly laugh whom I called “Auntie Helen”.  She wasn’t really my Aunt but in those days all the women on the block of tiny houses in our wannabe prosperous neighborhood in San Antonio were my Aunts and all had full permission to act like my mother when my mother wasn’t around. Many times I would go to Auntie Helen’s house and the first thing she would ask is, “Have you eaten? Are you hungry?” and I would nearly always say, “No, I haven’t eaten and yes, I am hungry.” So, Auntie Helen would cackle and prepare my favorite: Uncle Ben’s “Instance” Rice with a big pat of butter.  I remember Auntie Helen used a white enamel pan to boil the water and my mother didn’t. I wondered if that was a magic pan that made the Instance rice taste better.  It wasn’t the rice that was special, it was what Auntie Helen put IN the rice – Love. Auntie Helen transformed the Instance rice into the Substance of Love.

This Post has been Re-Published

TH3 SIMPLE QUESTIONS - SLICE 1
5 Chunks O’ My Heart, Baby

5 POSTS @ $0.99 Amazon / Kindle Edition
 
-          I Am Not Who I Am
-          The Substance of Love
-          I Am An Inmate in My Marriage, Job and Life
-          Achieved Idealism
-          The Helmsman Arises
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W671V1C 
 
* * *


Jan – June 2014 threesimplequestions Blog Posts
Now Published in Book Format

E-Book @ $3.99 in multiple formats
Or SAMPLE 30% FREE
Published by SmashWords

PUBLISHED BY WESTBOW PRESS
Serving Online Retailers and the Book Trade
6x9 Perfect Bound Softcover @ $11.95
ISBN: 978-1-4908-7124-0
6x9 Dust Jacket Hardcover @ $28.95
ISBN: 978-1-4908-7125-7
E-Book @ $3.99
ISBN: 978-1-4908-7123-3

No comments: