Friday, October 3, 2014

REVISITED Overview "Three Simple Questions" - "Who am I?", "Why am I here?" and "What do I want?"

Dear Reader,
     This blog was started in January 2014 and this post was originally drafted at that time.  Now it is October 2014 and I find that because of the dating structure of the blog format, very few people scroll down to see the original post. So I'm re-posting it.  The other reason to re-post it is for me to see if there is reason to change this. I think I've held, thus far to the original idea through 75 posts over 10 months and an average of 2 posts per week.
This blog cracks open the day-to-day stuff of life and reveals the unseen, allegorical and mystical -- things that are ever more about to be. As technology and economics have become ever more powerful and intense during my life I have felt that man must become ever more human and seek a reality beyond the manipulation of both and cultivate feelings of heart
I am grateful for a weekly dynamic journal writing class taught by Joanna Tebbs Young which introduced me to this technique. The assignment was very simple: every week, or more frequently, take five minutes and answer these three simple questions: "Who am I?", Why am I here?", and "What do I want?" 
The writing seeks to be an immediate act of composition - free from all rules and artful manipulation. It is intimate and personal.  I have sought to write honestly and dynamically using unconsciousness creativity. Any re-working which has been done is done immediately and under the impetus of the first conception.
Thank you for reading this blog. I hope you come back again. I will be working hard to give you something worth your time and effort.

-- Jean Yeager, January 2014 / April 2014 / October 2014


(c) Copyright 2014 Jean W. Yeager
All Rights Reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment