Thursday, October 9, 2014

WHO LETS THE DOGS OUT?
I Keep Three Big Dogs: Anger, Doubt and Egoism


WHO AM I?
     I keep three big dogs and I keep them fenced in. I keep them for self-protection. Sometimes they get out and run about terrorizing people. And I have to go chasing them.  Then I have to apologize. These are very BIG dogs. They are very important parts of my life. I could not do without them. I do my best to try to hold the in but, BIG dogs can seem like they have a mind of their own.
     The first dog is ANGER. He is the loudest barking dog of the bunch. But he helps keep away BAD people. What would I do without Anger? He is probably the most aggressive of all three.
     My second dog is DOUBT. He doesn’t bark at all. He grumbles in the corner, sniffs strangers trousers and shakes his head. Mostly he growls. But I gotta say, Doubt can be aggressive too.
     My third dog is EGOISM. I’m so Proud of him! He is just everything that I’ve ever wanted in a dog! Yeah when my Ego gets out and starts running around everybody better get out of the way!
     Whup! There they go! I always wonder who lets those damn dogs out?

WHY AM I HERE?
     Well, I gotta chase down those dogs for one thing.
     And, I’m working on dog training. If that fence is not a hold ‘em, then I better be responsible for where those puppies run.
     Dog training means you have to be smarter, more kind and more action oriented than your dogs. That means you have to train yourself – change yourself. Discover why you let your dogs be so ill behaved.
     What do you need to do to be in control of your dogs?

WHAT DO I WANT?
People are always asking me, “Why do you keep a dog like Anger anyway? Why don’t you just get rid of it?” You don’t want to get rid of your Anger, do you? I think you just want Anger to transform into Love. That way Anger will lead you to Righteous Indignation and won’t cower if it comes across an even bigger dog like Hatred.
I’m training Doubt to sniff out the Truth. When Doubt does sniffing at trousers and shaking his head, that just means this person’s got something I don’t understand. That means I got to spend time learning their truth.
And Egoism? Well, I want that puppy to lead me to the people who are bigger dogs – really big “Alpha Dogs” - so that I can learn Humility and, if they got the “real juice”, I want to learn Reverence.
Who let the dogs out? May be the Wiser Person within me did.

© Copyright 2014, Jean W. Yeager
All Rights Reserved



ON SALE NOW
Jan – June 2014 threesimplequestions Blog Posts
Are Available In Book Form 
"Th3 Simple Questions: Slice Open Everyday Life" 
Available at
http:/www.th3simplequestions.com
Available at Internet Retailers 
By WestBow Press
6x9 Perfect Bound Softcover @ $11.95
ISBN: 978-1-4908-7124-0
6x9 Dust Jacket Hardcover @ $28.95
ISBN: 978-1-4908-7125-7
E-Book @ $3.99
ISBN: 978-1-4908-7123-3

No comments:

Post a Comment