Thursday, June 2, 2016

I WROTE THIS BLOG POST IN DAHLIAS

WHO ARE THEY?
This is just an introduction to the characters. They are the ones who will write the real "story" here  over the months before the snow flies. They will grow. Be tween-agers. Get mature. Age and get ready for winter. These Dahlias grow to be different sizes. If you see a cage around them now, when you come back another time, they will be larger. Eventually huge.

My wife is the designer of the story. And, for a real-life drama, she sprained her wrist trying to dig Bishops Weed out of our garden. We were under some time pressure to get these into the ground. She was so anxious, she actually took me up on my offer to help her plant - a risky thing to do at best. So, she was the "overseer" as we planted  these on June 1, 2016. 

Come back and visit the "plot" as it develops.

YELLOW
I am the compost maker, turner, grass trimmer and mulch bag toter lest you think she does all the work. But, she is the Garden Maker.  I am the Wine Maker. These beauties adorn our current bushes, strawberry patch, raspberry bushes and elderberry trees.

PINK PEARL
This Dahlia is one which I bought for my wife many years ago when we lived in Michigan. Most of the Dahlias are gifts from friends and are taken in before winter here in Vermont.

J.P.
Will be a "big 'un"!  My wife carefully plans where she will site each plant so that the extremely tall ones get planted near smaller plantings.

GLEN'S RED
BLUSHY PEACH
Orange. REALLY Orange.

BIG PUMPKIN
We over-winter the Dahlias in my wine cellar. They sit quietly in the dark atop my home made wine which sits in bottles and boxes on the floor. The yeasts in the wine and the Dahlias have a pleasant winter conversation, I am sure.

BABYLON


(c) Copyright 2016, Jean W. Yeager
All Rights Reserved

AUTOGRAPHED COPIES
"TH3 SIMPLE QUESTIONS: Slice Open Everyday Life" NOW AVAILABLE AT PHOENIX BOOKS IN DOWNTOWN RUTLAND, VT
http://goo.gl/DMt2Cq




No comments:

Post a Comment